Friday, July 6, 2007

Poo-Poo in the Pool at the Patterson's Party on the 4th!

The Gonzo's had a fun, full, family day on July 4th. We had a BBQ at our friends house down the streeet. All the kids had a great time swimming in the pool for hours until... someone discovered little pieces of poo-poo (the little ball kind) all in the pool. Now as most mothers, you HOPE that it wasn't your child, and even though I defended Beezer up and down to the other mothers, I did have a sneaking suspicion it may have been him! Leo assured me it wasn't him, he had taken him #2 a couple of hours before. It if wasn't for the fact that Brandon is very weird about using the bathroom, I probably would've admitted it was him. Most 3 year olds would just pee in the pool, but not this kid. He comes out every 30 minutes to tell me he needs to go potty while holding his thingy, even if he is in the tub having a grand old time. Heck, when I was 3 I would've totally just peed in the pool, but I guess he has a little more tact than his mother.

P.S. There were a lot more little kids there than pictured above...so my money is on one of the other kids and the poo-poo.

So, after the poop was cleaned up, we headed up the street to where David Patterson and Leo were setting up the fireworks. Now, this is our first year participating in the neighborhood gala on the 4th and it is quite a production...well, anything the Patterson's do is a production. Dave and Leo set up a huge church table and laid out all the fireworks from shortest to the tallest. They also set up 2 ladders in the street and put 3 levels of platforms to put the fireworks on. It was quite a show! Don't get me wrong, I love to watch fireworks, but after 90 minutes of it and Mason peeing all over me, I was ready to head home. So, Mason and I headed home and the rest of our pyrotechnic family stayed to finish.


Pic of the ladder thing:
















It was so fun to see Leo involved with this "ensemble"..he finally talked me in to buying one of those HUMONGOUS firework packages this year and this was BEFORE the 4th.

I think next year he is going to drag me up to Wyoming to get the good stuff.

What's up with guys always hovering around the grill at a BBQ? Like it takes 5 of them and a baby to get the steak and ribs just right!


Haili had a blast with with her friends swimming and watching the fireworks. She has 2 best friends her same age and they both live a couple of houses down from us...Emma and Aubrey.

Haili, Aubrey and Emma

2 comments:

Rachie said...

I think it was Beezer....or maybe Mikey??

Gonzalez said...

It may've been...only he wasn't there!