Sunday, July 1, 2007

Gonzo's visit Chicago!

Here's the low down on Chicago...Leo and I told the twinners that if they got straight A's all year that we would send them on a trip to visit Cheechers and Ryan in Chicago. Well call me crazy...but I like to set the standard HIGH, we know how smart our twinners are, but we wanted to see if they would step up to the challenge to accomplish this and thought that the reward would help push them even more. It worked, they did it...they finished their 8th grade year as best as any parents could hope for.

So, not only did they get their long awaited trip to Chicano....I mean Chicago, they both got an early b-day present which included some MUCHO$DINERO and got to go shopping with Cheech in downtown Chicago. They also caught up on ALL 3 seasons of LOST and CSI.


Leo and I flew out with Beezer a couple days after the girls left and spent the weekend with the Ray's (aka Tuna's) and had a great time with both sets of twinnies. We played our favorite game Settlers... the Gonzo's lost every time....and of course no game of Settlers is complete without a family fight between Tio Leo and Ryan....

Rachie and I got to practice some songs from our upcoming CD ...we also added a few Spanish songs as a marketing ploy...we figure we can sell a lot more CD's if we become bilingual. Look for our CD sometime this fall.

Our favorite event was spending time with our favorite mini-twins. This always leaves Tio Leo dazed and confused. Leo has always had this struggle within about the mini's. For some odd reason, he feels like he needs to have a favorite between Holland and Ethan. As much as he tries to favor Ethan, his heart belongs to Holland.

Any ideas of what we can bribe Steph and Liz for next year? How do we top off a shopping trip to Chicago?

5 comments:

Laurel said...

I have an idea...they can spend the day with me in Kaysville and I'll in throw in a day at Cherry Hill. I am glad you had fun in Chicago...wish I could have been there...except for the fight.

Mandee said...

We bribed our kids with an iPod. It almost worked... they were so close. So, it's up for grabs again next year, although maybe we should try a trip somewhere fun! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Chicago was sooooo much fun. I was so happy I kept up my grades so I could go shopping$$$ and spend time with my Aunt and Uncle and my twin cousins!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun in Chicago. We went swimming,ate out and my favorite part went shopping. We got to see the little twins and get to know them better. But i wonder what bribe they will have for us this coming school year?

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun in Chicago. We went swimming,ate out and my favorite part went shopping. We got to see the little twins and get to know them better. But i wonder what bribe they will have for us this coming school year?