Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day Leo!


One of the biggest factors in my decision to marry Leo was the fact that he was such a good dad. Most women would be a little hesitant to date a man that was divorced with kids. But for me, more than anything it gave me a great insight of what to expect from him as a father to our children to come. He took on the role with Haili beautifully, and loved her and treated her as his own. Although we have had our ups and downs, I couldn't have asked for a better man to be the father of my children. I love that our family isn't your typical "blended" family. I love Stephanie, Elizabeth and Michael as if they were my own.....that is so weird for me to write, because I do consider them my own. I just didn't give birth to them.

I remember as a teenager thinking to myself, "I wonder what my future husband is doing right now...probably on a mission, going to college, traveling the world...just preparing himself for me." And who would've thunk that my future husband at the time had just moved to the US from Colombia, was newly married with twins, a baby on the way and just learning to speak English! The only thing I was right about was that he was an RM!

It's funny what we dream of when we are younger, and even funnier how things turn out pretty much how we wanted them to, but not how we expected them to.

Thanks Leo for being the great husband, friend, partner and father that you are. Thank you for working so hard for us to give us comfort and happiness. And thank you for being a great example to our children of how a husband should treat his wife and how a father should treat his children. Thank you for your wittiness and for standing up to me, thank you for kindness and understanding. Thank you for making your family your number 1 priority.

Happy Father's Day...We Love You!

14 comments:

Rachie said...

I love you too LEO!

Anonymous said...

I love you dad. Have a happy Father's Day! Hope you don't eat all the brownies though.

Love,
Haili

Anonymous said...

Michael said...
Dear dad thanks for being such a awesome dad. Hope you have a great Fathers Day. Love mikey.

P.S. your a cool dad but you talk to the TV ALOT!!!

Love mikey

Anonymous said...

Daddy...I love to watch soccer with you and mow the lawn with you. I love you forevers...and I love my daddy! Your my boy daddy!

Love,

Brandon or Beezer

Anonymous said...

Hey daddy! Happy fathers day! I love you so much! I'm so happy i get to spend it with you. Your the best dad.


Love,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Dear Daddy,

You are my favorite (besides Mommy)...I love when you get home, you are the only one that I will say "Hiieee" too and wave my little fingers at. I love when you sing to me and give my my blankies to cuddle with.

Love you little Mason

Anonymous said...

Daddy! I love you soooooooo much. I hope you have a wonderful fathers day, your the best!

Rachie said...

what happened to leo's picture?

Anonymous said...

Leo said,

Well, I'm greatull for my family, my children, and all the things they teach me daily.

I'm grateful for Amber; she is a wonderful mom, wife and my best friend. (Well, Beezer is my best friend :)).
Amber! You’re amazing in so many ways. I love you so much even since the day I saw you for the first time. I’m glad you decided to come along for the ride! It’s been fun.

I’m a lucky man for having such special family with children with high values and respectful to God and people around them. Thank you for all the good things you said about me, but if anything I'm that person because of your love, help and willingness to help me be a better man.

I love you'll.(TX mix:))

To my Raquelira and my stubborn tio Ryan I love you guys very much.
Yes, I'm a lucky guy for having such beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Other big influences in having my cunado as a husband were his athletic ability, the fact that he never needs to go tanning to get dark, his hot latino accent, his height, and he's old (we all know how Ambum loves the older men). I love you Leo you're the best Cunado anyone could ever ask for sorry this is a little late, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Anonymous said...

Amber and Leo you gays are so a grate family.
Sandy and I we really think that you are amazing people.I'm proud of you Leo because I know that you are excellent dad and better husband.

freddy

Laurel said...

Leo you are such a great guy! Nice post sister!

Mandee said...

Hi Amber- I am a friend of Ryan and Rachel's. I know we've met before, but it's been years. Anyway, I can totally relate to your post about "dreaming of who I would marry" and marrying nothing close to that dream. But having it turn out even better than I imagined. And I'm with you on the blended family thing! I love it too! Even with the challenges!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.