Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gonzo's LOVE Summer!
















This past week we had my work party at Raging Waters. This has become a tradition the kids look forward to for months...and for me, it gives me some leverage to hold over their heads for a couple of weeks before the event.


Michael was EXTRA careful up to a few weeks before RW because he is all to familiar with missing out on this exciting day of fun. (A couple of years ago, we were actually on our way to RW and he had been talking back all morning, so once the kids and I got there, Leo brought him home before he even set foot in the park!) Poor kid!


Anyway, this year I made a HUGE mistake...every year we get there right when the doors open and leave in the early afternoon...Well, this year we didn't' get there until noon and the kids were whining about how we would only have 7 HOURS to play...so, after the guilt trip set in all the way to RW, I told them we would stay until it closed! I think that deserves a MOM of the year award or something. Beezer was so excited he put his floaties and goggles on at 9am and actually fell asleep with them on in the car on the ride down..either that or he passed out due to lack of oxygen.


Other than me getting totally burnt...(and the lady wearing her short pleather mini skirt and high heel shoes while swimming with her ipod in the back of her skirt) it turned out to be a fun day. Beezer actually got in the water and had a blast. Michael & Haili went off on their own all day and managed to only get into about 3 fights. Mason wanted nothing to do with the water, he just wanted to walk around in his new sandals and push the stroller around all day.


Leo left around 4ish and took the little ones home and I hung out and gossiped with my girlfriends (mainly about the girl in the high heels)....so, it turned out to be a pretty fun day!

4 comments:

Rachie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I am sorry I missed the lady in pleather. Why does RW bring out the weirdos? Not the Gonzos of course!

Anonymous said...

they are so cute! I think Mason is looking more and more like Brandon!

Anonymous said...

That was me Sandra!

Laurel said...

Fun! I love pleather so I was sorry to hear I missed it!