Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wonderful Weekend With...

The Kiddies!

The kids and I had a fun filled, movie-watching, witches-sightseeing, pizza-eating, soccer- playing, Settlers-playing, little-kids-peuking-and-cleaning-up-kind-of-weekend. It was the BEST!

Leo went out of town on a little Guys trip of his own to Vegas for the BYU game and some golfing....leaving me with a half a dozen kiddos to entertain by myself for 5 days. Steph and Liz got out of school on Wednesday and still wanted to spend their LOOONG weekend with us even though Dad would be gone...aren't they the best girls? I love them so much!

Gardner Village

Anyway...we started off the weekend festivities by going to Gardner Village for their annual Witches Fest. If you haven't gone...you really need to. Although I would suggest going on a weekday and early. Don't wait until a Friday when school gets out like we did...it was a MAD HOUSE with kids screaming at their mom's because they were sick of getting pictures taken by each of the 230 witches in the whole village. I was only able to snap a couple of pics because Mason wasn't cooperating...

Brandon and Haili

The whole family...minus Leo

We had a great time and stopped at the little bakery there and ate some fun Halloween treats.
Once we got home we watched "50 First Dates" (edited by me, ofcourse)...if you haven't seen this classic Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore movie...you need to. It is hilarious and super sweet. Once we got the baby to bed we pulled out the good ol'e Settlers game...Leo is going to be so proud of his girls...all 3 of them learned how to play! I can tell we are going to have many long, long nights ahead playing this game with them (minus the Tuna's...sorry, but Leo has forbidden to ever play this game again with Ryan...Rachie is still welcome to play with us.)


Playing Settlers

The next day we started the day off with Brandon telling me his stomach hurt...I figured it was just a little ache...so, off to the gym I went and left the kids with the Twins. While I was gone for just an hour, Brandon managed to throw up throughout the entire upstairs and Steph and Liz came to the rescue...again. They were so sweet...they cleaned up the entire peuk and gave B a bath...what great sisters!

Later that afternoon we headed off to Haili's soccer game minus Mason...Michael offered to sacrifice and stay with him since it was cold/raining. Oh...I forgot to mention, Michael has a girlfriend...Shatara. Apparently she asked him to "go out with her" on Friday. So I mentioned that Michael "sacrificed" to stay with Mason...and he did, because Shatara scored the tiebreaking goal against an undefeated team. I think she was assuming Michael was there watching her and was stepping up her game for him. ANYWAY...Haili got sick half way through the game and almost "T'd Up" (threw up).... that's what the kids refer to as these days. So, we left during half time, took Haili Booshie home and she rested for the rest of the night.

And then to wrap up the evening, me and the girls watched Pearl Harbor and cried our eyes out! It took us 4 hours to get through the entrie movie...we were having technical issues, but we learned the theme song by heart! After the movie we debated if it was right for Evelyn to move on so soon AND to move on so soon with her not-so-dead-lover's-best-friend. I totally think it was wrong of her...but that could be because I have a soft spot for Ben Affleck.

To sum things up I think we had an awesome weekend! I am so grateful for all my kids and I love each one of them so much!

6 comments:

Emily Osborne said...

Amber, you make me wish I was part of your family! What a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mom, It's was so much fun I love hanging out with you!

Anonymous said...

What a good looking family. The Dad must be a good looking guy just like the rest of the familia:)

Anonymous said...

By the way, Leo went out of town only for 3 1/2 days instead of 5 days:)

Rachie said...

The girls are playing Settlers? You have got to be kidding me. Maybe all of us can play in heaven...because Leo will never play with us here on earth.

Gonzalez said...

They are Cheechers...and actually Haili is the one who is totally "current" on all the policies and procedures. She should be...she's been watching us play since she was 5 years old.

P.S. I don't think people that play Settlers will be allowed in Heaven...