Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mikey turns the big 1-1!

Michael is finally 11! He has been anticipating this day for the past 364 days of this last year.....and I've had to hear about his birthday plans every step of the way.

Those of you who know Mikey know that he is a unique, funny kid who has to contemplate each and every decision he makes, down to what kind of candy he wants to pick out of the gumball machines...this can take at least 10 minutes if we allow him the time.

So, for the past year, he has told me about every idea out there on what kind of B-day party he wanted to have with his friends. From laser tag, to Boondocks...rollerskating, waterparks, balloon fights, pizza parties, treasure hunts...you name it this kid has thought of it. Well thank goodness Harry Potter came out just a couple of days before his B-day...once he found out that, all of the other ideas were put aside and we were going to take him and his friends to see Harry Potter and then have a pizza party. Whew......this was a huge relief to me.

So, we went to the movies (it was awesome if you haven't seen it) and then ate pizza, opened presents, and the kids had a "late night". This is a new term out here with all the kids...A "late night" is just a way of saying that they are going to be out playing with their friends until late...which to them is about 10pm. Another funny term they use is a "eat over"...which is basically, "Can we eat over at Emma's house. " And then a "late over" is a way of saying, "Can our friends stay at our house until late, but not sleep over?" Anyway...the kids played and Leo and I were able to enjoy a relaxing game of Scrabble.


On Sunday we had the fam over for another B-day party and Michael got lots of clothes. We gave him a Rock Tumbler...and that was by far his favorite gift. What 11 year old kid wouldn't want a Rock Tumbler? I know I always wanted one...but then I read the instructions and you have to tumble the freaking rocks for 10 WHOLE days straight! No wonder the rocks come out shiny and clean...after almost 2 weeks of tumbling what wouldn't? Anyway...we still haven't started the lenghty process because Michael is working like a mad man to complete his Arrow of Light for Scouts.

So, let me tell you a little about Michael...phonetic style:


M: Michevious Monkey


I: Incredibly Curious


C: Candy Loving, Cookie Crunching, Cracker Chewing Kid


H: Helper to all his Teachers


A: Always willing to help cook


E: Eats anything sweet


L: Lovable


We love our Michael Michael Motorcyle! Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Rachie said...

Happy Birthday Michael! We love and miss you!

Rachie said...

p.s. I have a BDAY present for Lulu...will you give it to her when we get to Utah?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday buddy! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there big guy! Hope you had a great birthday. Love the birthday pictures! Hugs and kisses from mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Michael! hope everything went your way.

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday! I too saw Harry Potter and thought it was great. Good idea!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpleanos my boy. You're a great kid. Keep up the good work in all you do.
dad

SO*CAL FOOTBALL said...

HI HAILI AND STEPH I SAW YOUR BLOG ITS COOL. OH YES I REMEMBER YOU STEPH AND HAILI DANG I MISS YOU ALOT I TALK ABOUT YOU ALOT WITH YOUR DAD. HAHAHA I STILL HAVE THE PICTURE WE TOOK WHEN WE WERE REALLY SMALL IT IS IN MY ROOM NOW BUT ITS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS WELL LOVE YOU HAILI AND SEE EVERYONE LATER.
BYE GUYS

well love you