Sunday, January 18, 2009

Visit to Chi-Chi for Chee-Chee

Ryan called a few weeks back and wondered if I would be willing to come out to Chi-Chi (Chicago) and surprise Chee-Chee (Rachel) for her bday....I had to think for about 2 seconds and was of course up for the challenge.

So, Mason and I packed up and headed for Chicago. We arrived and Ryan pulled up to the house and asked Chee-Chee if she wanter her present early...me and Mason snuck behind her and surprised her.

It was so fun to see my Cheechers! I love that sister of mine so much! We always have such a fun time together, never a dull moment. We talked that night about the weekend goals and what she wanted to do while I was there. A few years back, the Gonzo's and Ray's went to Phoenix for Tio and Tio to see the Phoenix Open. Cheechers and I had a goal to visit as many Ross (Dress for Less) stores that we could possibly get to that weekend. I don't remember the exact total, but we were dead tired by the end of the trip. So, we decided to do something similar. Since there are no Ross stores in Chicago, we picked Target.

Ryan watched the kiddies for us all day as we traveled in a blizzard to a bunch of Targets. We had it down like clockwork...actually we gave ourselves about 20 minutes in each store. Some stores got a little more time...some less. We also ate at Sensational Bites and had us some yummy treats there. Anyone who watches The Biggest Loser may remember that bakery from when Bernie was on the show. That was his hangout, there are pictures of him all over the bakery.

Thanks to Cheechers new GPS system, along with his sexy voice, Roberto, led us to the quickest path to each and every Target. I feel I need to take a minute and give a shout out to the Targets in Chicago. EVERY stinking time I am out there I go to Target. They seriously have the best deals out there. Our greatest find this time was kids clothes 75% off PLUS an additional 30% off that price. Lets just say I had to borrow one of Cheechers HUGE suitcases to come home with. We were also after these way cute potted twig plants...and yes, I even brought about 10 of them home with me.

We had such a great time with Cheechers and the Twinnies. Holland, Ethan and Mason were such Troopers, we hauled them with us a couple of nights in freezing weather just to hit more Targets. We let them loose in the store and got quite a few stares by people who thought we were terrible Mom's for letting our kids play in the cloth racks. But seriously, we didn't care. As long as we could hear them and their horsie noises, we were all fine.

I documented all our stops that day at each and every Target, for posterities sake. Most of the pictures look exactly the same...but don't let that fool you, they are ALL different Targets.

Documentation...proof that it happened

Target #1



Target #2


Target #3

Target #4



Target #5


Target #6


Target #7

Me, Pat & Cheechers. Pat had the cutest helmet of hair...she was so nice to us



Our Stash



Happy Bday Cheechers!

Holland, Ethan & Mason


Chuck & Rosie

Kung Fu Pandas

Right after I ran over Ethan-Peathan's little hand...so sad


Mason and I were sad to come home because we just love being with our Cheechers and Twinnies (and Ryan).
We love you Cheechers! We are glad we could spend your 32nd bday with you!

1 comment:

Rachie said...

great recap! thanks for leaving all of your yummy food behind. I am loving the shakes, ww meals, and yoplait smoothies.