Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bye-Bye Summer!

Michael, David, Jason, Emma & Haili

Although I am one who LOVES summer...I am oh-so-glad it is over for a few reasons.

My Top 5 reasons why:

5 - No more hot days working in the yard
4 - No more sunburns (no one else in the family gets burnt but me)
3 - No more days at the pool showing off my stuff
2 - No more kids telling me they are bored
1 - SCHOOL STARTS

Don't get me wrong...I love to work in the yard, except my garden hasn't produced crap this year....that could be why, I didn't add any crap (manure) to my soil. I love to get tan, minus all the freckles and wrinkles and I LOVE to go to the pool with the kids. But I am so TIRED of the kids telling me that they are BORED. They could've had the funnest day of their lives..ie, gone to Lagoon, b-day party, Raging Waters, D'land... and then as soon as things calm down they ask, "What are we going to do tonight?" I for one am soooo glad that they start school tomorrow.

The twins are never a problem, they occupy their time between reading and tv, but Michael & Haili need a little bit more direction in this department, so to them especially, I say (or if I was their teacher I would say) "Welcome back to school!" I hope both of you have a great year in the 5th grade.

Michael - I hope you can meet more friends in your class...the odds are in your favor. 22 boys and 6 girls, you better come home with a new friend every week of the school year!

Haili - Have fun this year and be the great example you are to your friends and brother that you are each year.

Steph - This is your last year before High School, have fun...be good and learn Espanol as if you were 100% Hispanic and not just a muggle. Have fun in choir and sing your heart out as if you were Gabrielle on HSM.

Liz - Enjoy Seminary and choir and Spanish and the cafeteria lunch that you so look forward to. Respect your teachers! If not, you know Dad will race down there and have a meeting with your teachers....how embarrasing because you know he will!

Beezer - Be nice to Miss Marla and learn lots of new songs that you can teach Macey when you get home. Please don't pee your pants more than once this year... your friends will totally make fun of you if you wear your pullups to class.

Mason - It's just you and me...we'll go to the park everyday as long as we're home in time to watch General Hospital (my guilty pleasure).

Good Luck little bummas! We love you and know you will do your best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom. I love you!

SO*CAL FOOTBALL said...

HEY GUYS UM I DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY BUT HI. UM I STARTED FOOTBALL I'M IN HELL WEEK RIGHT NOW BUT OTHER THEN THAT I'M FINE. OH YEAH AMBER AND HAILY EVERY ONE SAYS HI WELL GOOD NIGHT I HAVE TO GET UP EARLY TOMORROW BYE.=^1

LOVE,
JUNIOR

SO*CAL FOOTBALL said...

OH SORRY I FOR GOT HI TWINS CAN'T FOR GET ABOUT YOU GUYS AND MICHEAL WELL BYE

Rachie said...

And don't forget you went to Chicago. That was probably the highlight of your summer. Not everyone is as lucky as the Gonzos!

Erik said...

first off good luck to all those that still have school.. sucks but its life. second i finally updated my blog after much pressure so i'm expecting some comments from my latino side of the family